Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Favorites - Lunchbox Goodies (6/27)

I try to take my lunch all but 1-2 days a week, as a teacher. It's difficult though when you're super busy grading papers and planning for tomorrow's lesson. Here are a few of my favorite lunchbox goodies that take very little time and effort to prepare. They're healthy too!

Sweet potato oven baked fries - Great with anything, especially your favorite sandwich that takes minutes to prepare.
I usually take 2 sweet potatoes, peel them, and chop them into small fries. The smaller, the faster they cook. Once I get them all cut up, I toss in a pinch of salt and black pepper. I also add in some curry powder or garlic powder depending on what kind of mood I'm in. Then I spread them out on a sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil, parchment paper, etc (whatever I have on hand). Then you just toss them in the oven for about 20 minutes, and enjoy with your lunch the next day. I really usually have enough for a couple of days of lunch that week.



Sweet potato and bean burritos - I saw this recipe when looking for more ways to use up the sweet potatoes I had gotten on sale that week. I also had a can of re-fried beans on hand.  So I said, "why not try it out?" It was pretty darn awesome! Try it! You can even try it using your leftover fries hehe.

Chicken salad - Chicken salad is probably my hands-down favorite dish ever. You can cook a bunch of chicken in the crock pot, and then use part of it for chicken salad, and the other part for another meal throughout the week. That tip makes it super quick to put together. If the chicken is cooked, then all you have to do is shred it up and add your favorite chicken salad recipes. I for one would recommend this recipe for chicken salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment