Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Favorites - Procedures (7/18)

As I am preparing for the upcoming year as a math support teacher, (Yay! I got the job!) I am first and foremost planning out my procedures as part of my classroom management plan. Here are three of my favorite procedures that I WILL be implementing this year.


Check out this pinspiration for your classroom procedures! you've got mail
Instead of passing back papers after they've been graded, students can collect their own papers at the beginning or end of class. To take this idea a step further, students can store unfinished worksheets or projects in these hanging folders. I also want to combine this with the traditional way of turning in student work. The trays that students turn their work into can say "(insert your name) has mail." That keeps the theme going.

I vaguely remember this procedure being mentioned in one of my education classes about two years go, and I thought I'd try it. I'm going to call it,"Grab and go!"
When students enter the room, there should be a designated spot where they can collect materials for the day's lesson before they sit down at their desks to complete the intro activity. This year, I want to put a table near the door of the room. On this table, I will have some laminated construction paper or place mats that indicate which class is which (as I will be teaching two 6th grade class, two 7th grade classes, and two 8th grade classes). The place mat or laminated construction paper will be held in place by sticky putty, so that I may move it if I need to. Then I will have a sticky note that tells students how much of each material they will need for the day. They will grab it upon entering the room, and then complete the introduction activity.

Here's another pinspiration that I would love to try in my classroom. I'm done!
I do want to make a laminated version of this with Velcro cards, so that I may use it over and over. At the bottom I will have spots for sticky notes for activities that are specific to certain materials or units. When students are finished with the required activities, they get to choose an activity from the board. This keeps them from being disruptive while the other students are working.

What are your favorite procedures? 

No comments:

Post a Comment