Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Friday Favorites - Building Character (5/9)

This week, I was thinking a lot about how to build character in the classroom. I looked around for strategies, etc to help build character in the classroom and here's what I came up with:


This pinspiration reminds students that what they put on social media has its consequences.



I am an Etsy addict as well as a Pinterest addict. Here's one of my absolute favorite things on Etsy. This shop has the cutest posters, magnets, etc with character building quotes. They even do custom products.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/163580906/motivational-wall-art-we-are-what-we?ref=favs_view_14


Those are a few helpful reminders that we can post so that students remember what good character is and does. However, I started thinking about what I could do in my classroom to reward good character. So I went searching for some ideas on character education...

I came across this blog post. Then I started thinking more and more about this post. 
I love this idea, but it needs to work for my classroom and for my school. 

I think this would be a great idea, especially for middle-level students, if the students nominated each other for a spot on a board like this. As a team, a grade level, or a school the teachers could determine the character traits that would go across the top of the board. Then forms could be developed, just like in the blog post. They could be turned in to the teachers for a "screening," and then posted every week or so. 

What a great way to get students to take responsibility for their actions, and to take ownership of good deeds!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! :-) It is so important to build good character in our youth. :-)

    ReplyDelete