Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Friday Favorites - Classroom Management (5/16)

As the end of the year is winding down, it becomes more and more apparent how classroom management can either make or break your school year. It's the work you put in at the beginning so you may reap the benefits all year long.



Here are three of my favorite classroom management inspirations:

This is an amazing book that almost all educators know about, but if you don't know about it.. then you should! This has helped me so much. It has not only classroom management tips and tricks, it has curriculum and development information as well. I was so surprised that my college professors did not have us get this book. It literally covers everything. The authors are most famous for their classroom management though.

This is a wonderful pinspiration that balances rights with responsibilities. I love this idea! I definitely think I'm going to use a format like this for my rules. This reminds students that with rights comes responsibilities. This is something that they can definitely live their lives by. 

This is something that I tend to do in my classroom already, and it works wonderfully! This sets the boundaries for students, but gives them some choice. They can see the light at the end of the tunnel, because they know what they are allowed to do after their work is done. When you try this out, come up with some wonderful enrichment activities to put on the "may do" side. Your students will love this!

3 comments:

  1. I love this. I think I will use these with my girl scout troop too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas. How do you do your May Do, Must Do activities? Is it for the week, day? I would love to start, but just don't know how...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to do mine for the day, but you could definitely make a May Do, Must Do for the week. That would work really well with older students I think.

    ReplyDelete