Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Friday Favorites - Bulletin Boards (5/2)

I've been thinking about this upcoming year lately, and how I want my room to look. I definitely want to have bulletin boards that are interactive and that can be easily changed depending upon the unit we are working on.

Here are my three favorite pinspirations for bulletin boards:

Check out this bright and sunny bulletin board!
This works well for a unit on plants, ecosystems, etc. However, when you aren't working on a unit related to the sunflower, you can just use the pretty blue space for word maps, word walls, student work, etc. This adds a wonderful pop of color to a white room.

Did I mention that I love the movie Up!? Check out this versatile board inspired by the movie Up. You could definitely use the study skills idea, or you could do something else like communication skills or social skills. Social skills would be wonderful for middle schoolers for sure. When I saw the balloons, I automatically thought "word wall!" You could create this board, and then create the vocabulary words separately and interchange them throughout the year. This would take a lot of work up front, but very little during the year.

This is all pinspiration for sure! I love this idea! Finding examples of the content in real life gives the content meaning. This will help students take ownership of their learning. That.. and we all love some Pinterest!

1 comment:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I need to do a better job with my boards/walls next year for sure.

    ReplyDelete