Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Job Hunt

Applying for jobs is a scary business. It's a huge change, and there are so many unknowns. That, and when you're not getting any call backs... you begin to think "What am I doing wrong?" I know I have great strengths as a teacher, but it is hard to make someone see that just with a piece of paper that shows your lack of experience. There's also that same old... you need experience before we can hire you, but you can't get experience unless someone hires you.

It's enough to make your head spin. 

So when I get scared and start losing hope that I will find a job, I look at a quote that I have taped all over the place. I have it on the inside of my portfolio that I made for interviews, on my calendar, and written on a checklist that I keep for job applications.

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

No comments:

Post a Comment