Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sewing in the Works

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Yeah, I'm kind of a fabric hoarder... and this image doesn't even skim the surface...



I've been thinking about what to do with all of it lately, and I have so many ideas for this fabric. I'd love to share them with you.

Idea #1 - This is a skirt I'm working on presently. I've got it all cut out and figured out. I just have to sew it together. I want to make a voluminous skirt with a wide belt that I can tie into a bow. I just love the umbrellas! I keep telling people that one day I'll be like Ms. Frizzle, cause she's the hypest! I guess this is a step in that direction.



Idea #2 - I found this fabric on Etsy a while back, and I decided that I wanted to make a skirt with it as well. However, it desperately needs to be lined. I chose some navy broadcloth to line it, and I plan on making a skirt that has a scalloped hem. I found my inspiration for this on Pinterest, of course!




Idea #3 - I also recently purchased this apple fabric from Etsy. (I know, I have a problem hehe). I think I want to make an apron with it, but I'm still trying to decide. I thought an apple apron would be nice to wear in the kitchen, or in the classroom on messy lab days.




I will still have a ton of fabric left, even when I complete my three above ideas. So I'm asking: What are your favorite projects to use up fabric? 

Check back with me later to see how my ideas turn out!


No comments:

Post a Comment